by Year 5

books we like

Monday, April 9, 2012

Fairy Tales By: Berlie Doherty

Berlie Doherty the author of this book has written in one book all the fairy tales that I enjoyed when I was little. The book has 12 fairy tales:

1. Cinderella (Ashputtel)
2. The Sleeping Beauty In The Forest
3. Beauty And The Beast
4. Rupelstiltskin
5. Rapunzel
6. Snow White
7. Aladdin And The Enchanted Lamp
8. Little Red Riding Hood
9. The Fire-Bird
10. Hansel And Gretel
11. The Frog Prince
12. The Wild Swans

I know most of the stories but I have never heard about The Wild Swans or The Fire Bird. I liked the story Cinderella the most and not just that I like the way she has written the story she indeed used lots of adjectives in all the 12 stories.

About Berlie Doherty:
Berlie Doherty born 6 November 1943 Liverpool UK. She is best known for her children's books, for which she has twice won the Carnegie Medal. This is the first book I am reading of hers I hope I find other books that Berlie Doherty has writen so I can read them. I really enjoyed this book and I recomend this for people who are interested in Fairy Tales.

3 comments:

  1. Wow what a lot of fairy tales Tanvi!!! She must of took a long time writing them . I like like your post .

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, thank you Tanvi - that was an informative post. Is the Firebird story a Russian one? I have a beautiful Russian illustrated version of it somewhere! I enjoy reading this kind of collection of folk stories. I've got a favourite one called World Tales that has 65 stories in it - most of them less familiar to us.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not really sure if the Firebird is the russian version Mr Gregg.

    ReplyDelete