by Year 5

books we like

Saturday, September 24, 2011

The Seventh Tower by Garth Nix


Above the veil

This book is a fiction book.It's about two children. I liked it because it contained lots of adjectives, it also used different time connectives and so on. It took me two weeks to read the whole book. There are two main characters in this book: Tal (boy) and Milla (girl). Tal and Milla are young children who have sunstones. Sunstones are stones that have sun powers, they emit light. But Tal and Milla are searching for a red sunstone. So they go off on a very long journey. On their journey they meet lots of people. They travelled to lots of imaginary places. Then they all split up to try and find the red sunstone. At last it was found, and Tal, Milla and they're friends went back to their own homes. In the book they went to Aenir, to an ice palace, to the mountains and in an underground world. I think that Garth Nix is a very good writer although I prefer J.K Rowling and her Harry Potter series.

2 comments:

  1. Well done Noémie for this informative blog post. I have only read one Garth Nix book, called "Mr Monday." How about you? Are you reading the whole series?

    ReplyDelete
  2. No,I am not reading the whole series but I would like to.I got this book from Melbourne.

    ReplyDelete