by Year 5

books we like

Wednesday, January 25, 2012

The English Roses By Madonna


When I first heard of the book I wanted it and luckily for my next birthday I got it from my godmother in the States. I read on and on and on and as quick as a flash I had finished it. While reading I found myself in the life of five girls, who are named Grace, Amy, Charlotte, Nicole and Binah... and I felt like being part of the circle called "The English Roses". I love the name, because it sounds so old fashioned; but instead the five are the opposite. Binah is my favorite character because she is kind, but as well as being kind she is also helpful. To me, she is the group leader of the English Roses. In general the book told me that friendship is more important than everything else. It's a "no go" book for boys even though it's partly about boys... but from the girls point of view.

2 comments:

  1. I didn't know about this book. Thanks for introducing it to us, Marie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your wellcome Mr Gregg

    ReplyDelete