by Year 5

books we like

Monday, May 28, 2012

The Underneath By Kathi Appelt

Amélie kept on telling me to read it. I finally gave in to both Amélie and The Underneath.

It's got so many different feelings and emotions in it, like love, sadness, despair, hatred and forgiveness. A calico cat who has once been loved is abandoned in a forest on the edge of a road pregnant with twins who will never have a normal life. All because of a cruel man and his unloved but kind dog, the calico cat found him singing the blues (whimpering). A snake full of hatred is then full of happiness and then back to hatred. There's more but I don't want to give it all away because then you wouldn't read it.

                                                                    Kathi Appelt

The more I think about it the more I understand it, I also understand now why Amélie loves The Underneath but I can't tell (more like write) about it all you'll have to read it from Kathi Appelt.







                   SO READ IT !

                                                                             (It's amazing)

1 comment:

  1. This book really is quite good and if you love dogs or cats this is the book for you!

    ReplyDelete