by Year 5

books we like

Monday, January 16, 2012

The Six Swan Brothers

(Hand-written by Claudia, typed by Mr Gregg)

This is a folk story which I have recently read at home, and it is quite a good one! The main characters are the Six Swan Brothers and their beloved sister. Their father is a king. Unfortunately the step-queen sends the children away from their father - which is a bit like Hansel and Gretel. I think it is really harsh that the step-mother sends away the princess's babies and then blames it on the princess. I also think that she is a really mean queen.

I have read another version of this story that has a few differences, like the way the princess gets her brothers back to being human again.

I hope I shall read other books written by this author.

No comments:

Post a Comment